Thursday 5 May 2011

Simoniz Shampoo

Mini Review : Simoniz Wash and Wax

So I saw this being discussed quite a lot on here, nipped into costco and bought some. Was about 4.50 for 5L, pretty amazing. Using about 40ml per 15L - a few people have questioned my ratios. I have a solid black and it can scratch quite easily, or rather shows scratches. So I will always use a methods to test lubricity.

My first test is to put it through my hands and see if I can "feel" the solution.

Second, I take some in the syringe and check for content

Third, some is applied to the car and I watch for cling.



I fill the water up first, place my grit guard in and then put the solution in. This helps me reduce the amount of suds i.e. 10l or water and 5l of suds on top.



Really impressed I mean £5 for this at 5L, and it really does sud up nicely and have good lubricity. Pretty taken back.

So I check the lubricity and was happy, then the syringe which looked good to me finally



Looked at the solution on the paintwork, nice and slick. What I looking for here is a slight oily look on the paintwork, the light spectrum appearing on the shampoo.



Gentle on the wax, again important to us guys.



Freely rinsing away.

So now the hard bit, rate.

I have to say for c£5.00 for 5L this is quite astonishing value, its not heavily watered down either like some other low end shampoos.

I have to really give this 100%, cleans just as well as the higher end, soft on LSP, good dilution ratio. Don't have a bad word against it.

Cheers guys,

P.S. This has sud content similar to MAXI SUDS II, not that suds are needed but it's the whole package.

No comments:

Post a Comment